In the Media
- Published Articles
- Press Releases
- Promotional Materials
- Press Interviews and Media Mentions
- Contact Information
Bill Given’s Published Articles
- 12/2008 – “The Power Behind the Throne” – Africa Geographic December, 2008 (Tanzania Chimpanzees)
- 3/2008 – “Pack of Surprises” – Africa Geographic March, 2008 (Botswana African Wild Dogs)
TheWildSource.com Press Releases
TheWildSource.com Promotional Materials
Press Interviews and Media Mentions
- 7/5/2019 – Forbes.com – “Going On Safari? A Disruptive Empowerment Revolution Offers Wildlife Tours With A Difference” Article written by Natalie Parletta. Article discusses The Wild Source local camp ownership model in depth and how it benefits local communities in Africa. Read article
- 4/22/2019 – Fortune Magazine – Article written by David Crookes. Bill is quoted in regards to Wildlife Safaris and the programs to get community children introduced to local wildlife in a positive way. Read article
- 1/23/2018 – Expat Radio Interview (begins at the 7:45 mark). The primary focus was sharing The Wild Source’s Disruptive Empowerment story, the plan we are executing to provide ownership opportunities to local/native guides. Listen to the interview here.
- 10/06/2016 – Epicure and Culture Magazine – Article written by freelance writer, Gretchen Healey about the food at Njozi Camp. You can read the article here.
- 5/14/2013 – SGTravellers.com – Article written by a freelance writer Dave Fox – article describes wildlife and cultural experiences in Botswana. You can read the article here.
- 1/18/2012 – Vail Daily – Article written by a client of The Wild Source – article features experiences of the client and of Bill. You can read the article here.
- 12/29/2011 – CBS National Radio Radio Interview About Rwanda Mountain Gorillas – (Scroll down and click the link below “African Safari and Louie’s List” – just above “Tom Parsons”
- 12/27/2011 – Scientific American Lions vs. Cattle: Taste Aversion Could Solve African Predator Problem
- 12/27/2011 – The Aspen Times Saving Lions One bellyache at a time – article about Bill’s conditioned taste aversion research.
- 4/7/11 – Bill quoted in an article on CNN.com! The article was from budget traveler and is titled “Expert Advice for Safaris”. You can read the article on cnn.com here.
- 3/20/11 – Bill was featured on Tripbase.com as being an award winner for being a Best Safari Blog! The details can be found over on TripBase.
- 8/23/10 – The Wild Source Tanzania Guide Deo Magoye Guided filmmakers for National Geographic’s Real Serengeti – see our Real Serengeti blog post.
- 12/2009 – “Central Kalahari Game Reserve: Grappling with predator/livestock conflict” – Discover Botswana 2009
(Published by the Botswana Tourism Board)
- 11/4/2009 – “Unlikely Friends – Why We Love Odd Animal Pairs” – MSNBC.com – Kim Campbell Thornton – 11/4/2009. Quoted on the second page of the article about a unique friendship between a tortoise and a hippo.
TheWildSource.com Contact Information
Bill Given – The Wild Source, LLC
801 14th St., Golden, CO 80401.
Golden, CO 80403